Story 1.2.0 newest version : Released on July 5th, 2014.
Story is a sharp, modern and clean WordPress theme. The theme is very flexible and it comes with some awesome features, such as a fullscreen slider, custom headers and custom background sections, which make it perfect for showcasing and selling your work and products. Story WordPress theme is a multi-purpose theme that can be used for any type of website, such as creative portfolio, photography, products, corporate and business sites. With the combination of responsive design and parallax animations, this theme will provide an optimal viewing experience and will make your website look great on across wide range of devices and screen sizes. The theme comes with an extensive admin panel, packed with various options so you can easily modify styles, colors, fonts, layouts and other aspects of the theme.
The theme features a fullscreen slider that comes with lots of customization options, the slider comes with three main layout types:
- Background image/solid color layout: Short text with various options for text location and options to change all the main typography settings such as font family, font size, text color, etc.
- Two-boxes layout ( text + image ): available layout options are horizontal (left text, right image and left image, right text) and vertical (top text, bottom image and top image, bottom text). It also includes options to change all the main typography settings such as font family, font size, text color, etc.
- Horizontal image slider – displays multiple images in a horizontal slider, supports bulk image upload.
You can set the layout type per slide and mix all the different layouts into one page slider. The slider also supports deeplinking, so you can link to a specific slide.
Advanced AJAX Gallery (unlimited pages)
Story includes a flexible AJAX portfolio gallery with awesome jQuery animations and effects, which comes with lots of options available for its items.
The gallery also provides an AJAX pagination and category filter for a better items organisation.
For each gallery item you have the option to select one of the following click actions:
– dynamically open an image slider (full-width or two-column layout) with a nice jQuery animation, containing additional images attached to the item (bulk upload – you can upload lots of images with a single click).
– open an image lightbox as image gallery attached to the item (images can be uploaded in bulk)
– play video – full-width or two-column layout
– open the item content in a new page
– open a custom link in a new page
Also there are lots of options the gallery provides, some of them are:
– Masonry Layout Support
– Option to choose between two, three and four column layout
– Unlimited gallery pages – you can create as many galleries as you need with different image sets
– Partial Loading in slider – loads images in background on portions for faster performance. Works well with large amount of images attached to a single item.
– Social Sharing – the slider view of the gallery provide sharing options, so you can easily share your items images on the most popular social networks – Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
– dynamic AJAX category filter (can be enabled/disabled per page)
– AJAX pagination which is great for large number of items
– Options to link to a specific page/category of the gallery
Custom Header Backgrounds
Story supports different background settings for the different pages. For each page header you can:
- Select a custom background image
- Set a custom background color
- Set the background image opacity
- Choose between a standard and large header
The theme is responsive, so that it fits and looks great on different size of devices – desktop, mobile phones and tablets. Also, the main gallery slider supports finger gestures, so it is very easy to navigate between the images on touch devices.
The theme includes options to change all the main theme colors, such as header, main content, sidebar and footer background and text colors, so you can easily build your custom skin with your favorite colors. All the color settings are included in the Theme Customizer section, so that you can live preview the color changing.
Advanced Content Editor Buttons
The theme includes an unique set of buttons that allows you to directly insert the various elements (such as services boxes, portfolio carousel, slider, etc.) into your editor area. In this way you can easily build full-width background sections with custom elements and style settings.
Parallax Slider and Sections
The theme implements parallax effects in different elements and sections, such as:
- Content slider background image
- Full-width sections background images
- Servcies boxes animations
The parallax functionality can be enabled/disabled for each individual section/item.
The theme provides a friendly user interface to implement the default web-safe fonts and Google API Fonts. We have created a section where you can enable as many fonts as you like just by adding the URL the Google API provides. You can see some examples here
Retina Display Optimizations
We have included retina display optimizations for all the main graphics used in the theme, so they look sharp on retina displays.
2 Header Image Sliders Included (unlimited usage)
Story also includes three different sliders that can be included on separate pages:
- Content Slider – in each slide you can set:
- a background image and set and set a different opacity to it
- background color
- slide animation direction
- slide layout included:
- Centered text
- Image with text on the left
- Image with text on the right
- YouTube video with text on the left
- YouTube video with text on the right
- description, titles, buttons and side image
- Fade Slider – can be used as a main page header slider, gallery post type slider or it can be embedded into the content of the posts and pages.
Mega Menus Support
The theme comes with an out of the box mega menu support, you can easily activate a mega menu per parent menu item.
The theme comes with a detailed documentation, which includes examples, screenshots and all the main instructions you will need to customize your site. Additionally, we have included a “Getting started” section which includes some helpful links about working with WordPress and instructions about what steps to follow when setting the theme.
Other Key Features
- WooCommerce Support
- Post Formats Support, including the following formats:
- Standard Post – includes a featured image in the header
- Video Post – includes a video in the header
- Gallery Post – includes a slider in the header
- Aside Post
- Quote Post
- Multiple blog layouts available:
- Standard layout with left/right sidebar
- Full-width layout
- Two columns masonry layout
- Three columns masonry layout
- Two columns masonry layout with left/right sidebar
- SEO Optimized – the theme has been built with all the main SEO best practices in mind
- Unlimited Sidebars – dynamic sidebar generation functionality
- Easy page layout changing – for each page you can choose between:
- Right Sidebar
- Left Sidebar
- Social sharing available – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+, can be enabled on pages, posts, portfolio items and portfolio sliders.
- Advanced slider management section – easy to create and edit slider items
- Translation ready – a .po file included for translation of all the built-in (front-end) words
- Easy logo replacement
- Separate portfolio section
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support
- jQuery Tabs
- AJAX contact form
- Sociable Icons section in header
- Comments with reply functionality (multiple levels depth)
- Multi level drop-down menu
- Custom styled elements included
- Two bonus widgets included – Portfolio Posts Widget displaying the latest items’ images and a Recent Posts Widget widget which displays the latest blog posts with a thumbnail image
- Works and looks similar in all major browsers: Internet Exlorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome
- Added: one-click demo import functionality in Story » Demo Import section
- Added: boxed layout option for the theme – it can be activated in the Story Options » General Settings » Main » “Theme Layout” field
- Added: included a child theme in the main download package
- Added: an option to select which hover effects to show on the portfolio items in the portfolio gallery and carousels
- Improved: fullscreen slider autoplay loading appearance on Chrome
- Improved: fullscreen slider with two-column content layout on ipad landscape
- Improved: added IDs to each of the slides on the fullscreen slider so that they can be linked from the menu on mobile devices as well
- Fixed: adding new items to sliders and other sections sometimes gets blocked from the mod_security settings because of the action ID used in the AJAX request – another action ID has been set instead
- Fixed: theme not detecting WooCommerce as active on multisite installations when the plugin is Network deactivated
- Fixed: portfolio gallery item info box sometimes displayed too high
- Added: an autoplay functionality to the fullscreen slider – you can see an example here
- Added: an option to change the sticky header and header overlay background colors
- Added: an option to set a custom color to the footer call to action section button (by default the accent color is applied)
- Added: an option to set a custom color to the call to action element button in content (by default the accent color is applied)
- Added: PhotoShop files of the main theme pages – they are located within the PSD folder of the main download package
- Improved: Spacing of the content slider on mobile devices
- Improved: Spacing of the lightbox description when long texts are added
- Improved: Spacing of the portfolio slider image caption when long texts are added
- Improved: Social sharing of pages and custom post types – set the featured image of the page to be shared
- Improved: Set the title on the single blog post page as h1
- Improved: Always display the content slider arrows on mobile devices as a main navigation
- Fixed: Page settings section sometimes gets hidden under some circumstances
- Fixed: Fullscreen slider on mobile devices: apply the custom theme header color to the header on this page