U-Design 2.4.8 newest version : Released on June 24th, 2014.
U-Design is a very powerful theme which suits both, users with no programming background as well as advanced developers. It will help you build your site in no time to your liking with minimal effort. It empowers you to set any color to elements such as backgrounds, links, text, menu links, etc. You can completely change the look and feel of your site in seconds. You can also choose from over 500 fonts, including Google Font Directory and Cufón fonts. This number will grow with time since many new fonts are being added to the Google fonts library. The theme also features 6 (six) Home page sliders for you to choose from.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has been made a priority when designing the U-Design theme. In the code hierarchy, the main content block is placed before the sidebar regardless of the sidebar position, so it is crawled first by search engines. Another very powerful SEO feature has been implemented regarding Heading (h1, h2, h3,…) tags in that on the Home page the ‘h1’ tag is assigned to the site name and the rest of pages/posts/archives etc., the main Title has been assigned an ‘h1’ tag.
Responsive & Mobile Ready!!! U-Design theme has a fully responsive layout. It fits perfectly on various displays and resolutions from regular desktop screens to tablets,iPads,iPhones and small mobile devices. Feel free to try it out! The theme offers two responsive menus, additionally you have the option to assign a different logo to be used for the mobile version of your site and more. A note for those who do not require responsive layout, it is optional so they can disable it if they wish to.
In the theme’s SHOWCASE I’ve demonstrated a small fraction of what can be accomplished with the U-Design theme.
U-Design Template makes it easy to create a World class website with a unique style and clear focused message…
Seven Home Page Sliders
You will be able to upload and reorder slider images in the theme’s options page.
- Slider Revolution Responsive WordPress Plugin – This is an incredibly versatile and flexible slider. It features tons of unique transition effects, an image preloader, video embedding, autoplay that stops on user interaction and lots of easy to set options to create your own effects. The Revolution slider has been fully integrated with the “U-Design” theme.
- Flashmo Grid Slider – Features beautiful transition effects. The slider can be configured entirely through the theme’s backend option’s page, no need to deal with any code or xml files. Very easy and convenient interface to control this beautiful slider.
- Piecemaker Flash Slider – Customize every aspect of the slider through the theme’s options page, including being able to upload the slider images, re-order the slides (drag-and-drop), delete slides, choose from 40 different tween types, etc.
- Piecemaker 2 Flash Slider – Similar to the Piecemaker slider with the exception that now you can add Flash and Video slides as well as unlimited number of transitions.
- jQuery Cycle Slider Full Width Image – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Slide link with the option to open in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- jQuery Cycle Slider With an Image, Text and Button – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Link button auto generated with the option to open the link in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- jQuery Cycle Slider With sliding Images and Sliding Text – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. The practical aspect of this slider is that it allows you to create dynamic interactive look of three sliding layers.
- An additional “No slider” option has been added with the ability to add custom text in the place of the slider
Choosing Your Fonts & Colors:
- Over 500 fonts offered (more info)
- Unlimited combinations of colors (more info)
- Background Images – You could also upload background images on per section bases instead of solid background color if you wish. (more info)
- U-Design: Recent Posts – Display the most recent posts with teaser text, author and date info (optional), you also have the option to offset the displayed recent posts from the most current one, use this to omit the first 2 or 3 latest posts for example. In addition to that the widget allows you to select a specific category and all its descendants respectively. Limit the number of words to show from each post. Auto generate thumbnails and optionally show thumbnail frame shadow. The Thumbnails can have any width or height. In addition I have provided a shortcode version of this widget so that it can be used anywhere in the content, not just widget areas. Here’s an example.
- U-Design: Login Form – Displays a login in the sidebar. Users can login and logout directly from the sidebar without being redirected to the default WP login page.
- U-Design: Custom Category widget – allows you to display a single category and all of its descendant categories respectively. This comes in handy for sections of the website such as the Portfolio or Blog/News, where you might want to narrow the categories displayed in the sidebar for the current section to be more relevant.
- U-Design: Google Map – Copy and paste your Google map code to display a Google Map in the sidebar.
- U-Design: Subpages – Displays a current pages’ children pages. The parent is displayed as the title. This widget is handy if you have a lot of pages that would normally take up too much room in the sidebar, so you could use this widget to display a much shorter version of the menu in the sidebar showing just the descendant pages of the current page.
“Widgetized” Home page Option
- There are 11 (eleven) widget areas. They are designed in a such a way to span the width of the page dynamically, e.g. if one column is deactivated, then the remaining columns will re-size to span the full width of the page, if let’s say only one column is active then it will span the full width of the page, etc.
- Pre-formatted Business Contact Fields – that could be entered directly from the theme’s Options page. This feature can be enabled/disabled from the Option’s page as well. The Business Contact Fields provide a way to better display additional contact information such as Company Name, Address, Phone, etc.
- E-mail form:
- Phone number validation (North America format) that could be enabled/disabled from the theme’s Options page (disabled by default).
- The contact form offers reCAPTCHA for extra security
Unlimited Portfolio sections/pages.
- You can choose from four layouts: one, two, three and four column
- Auto generate portfolio thumbnails
- You can add description to each portfolio item
- Specify the number of items per page
- Automatic pagination
- Option to include/exclude date, post metadata and comments from the portfolio item’s individual post
- Custom sidebar with widgets and sidebar position control for the portfolio item’s individual post
- Sortable/Filterable Portfolios, you can filter by Category or by Tags, also sort by Alphabetical and Ascending/Descending order
- Blog section pages can have left, right or no sidebar (full-width) pages
- Option to remove the sidebar from Blog, Archive and Single Post View pages independently
- Option to set the post image/thumbnail dimensions (width and height) as well as the image alignment
- Option to show or remove Post Tags and Author Name and to change the excerpt length
U-Design – WooCommerce Integration
The theme is now compatible with WooCommerce 2.0+ !!
Note: the U-Design – WooCommerce Integration has been implemented as an independent plugin.
For more information please refer to the theme’s support forum or contact me directly.
A demo site has been setup HERE to demonstrate the U-Design – Woo Commerce plugin integration.
This theme is Internationalized (translation ready) – the theme has been updated to support translations in more than one language. We have included a (.pot file included to have the theme localized) Included Translations with the theme:
- German Translation courtesy of Silvia
- Italian Translation – courtesy Diego Meozzi – Cartabianca Publishing (www.cartabianca.com)
- Spanish Translation courtesy of Vicent Llopis
- Dutch Translation courtesy of Jeroen van Beusekom
- Polish Translation courtesy of Elzbieta Wozniak
- Russian Translation courtesy of Marina Barayeva
- French Translation courtesy of Suzanne Roy
- Chinese Traditional (zh_tw) Translation courtesy of Sylvia Ho
- Serbian Translation courtesy of Draganche Golubac
- Danish Translation courtesy of Nikolaj Mackowski
- Romanian Translation courtesy of Robert Ivan
- Swedish Translation courtesy of Ola Walfridsson
- Portuguese (Brazil) Translation courtesy of Lord Marcio Moreira
- Turkish Translation courtesy of Web Tasarim PRO
- Persian Translation courtesy of Hamed WPTranslate.ir
- Greek Translation courtesy of George Girtsou
Refer to the Shortcodes page for examples.
Documentation & Support
The theme comes with extensive documentation. Free support is offered through an external forum.
Should you have any support related questions please post them to the theme’s support forum.
In my effort to provide you with better support I’ve setup an independent Forum where all comments are searchable, you can upload images and insert code with code-highlighting, etc.
You can subscribe to the Support Forum HERE.
Support for the “U-Design” theme includes:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the theme and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with latest WordPress and other required softwares
- Updated : Revolution slider to latest v4.5.5
- Fixed : Small issue with search page layout
- Fixed : Small glitch with the Visual Composer carousel/slider left and right arrows
- Updated : Revolution slider to latest v4.5.3
- Updated : Visual Composer plugin to latest v4.2.3